We are BIG LEGO fans in this house. Used to be it was building things but over the past couple of years, that’s morphed into two of our girls being on their school’s robotics team which is under the First LEGO© League group. We’ve even had a few state championships and in January will be heading for another one with the hopes that we’ll get to Nationals!
LEGO© is a huge supporter of STEM initiatives and over the past few years have taken that show on the road. This year they’ll stop in Charlotte for three days of fun, creative, learning and I’m heading there with my LEGO© pro, another friend and her son and now you’ve got a chance to win two of your own tickets to join us during the opening ceremonies on Friday, February 19th!! Don’t feel like you have to go with us, but I’d love to meet up while we’re there – especially if we’ve never met in person!
Regardless if you win the tickets from me, this is a great family event that your kids will love. BUT! You must get your tickets early because it WILL sell out.
The LEGO© KidsFest national tour stops at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, NC, from February 19 – 21, 2016, for the very first time, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO© building and experiences together in this three acre activity and entertainment-packed family event.
LEGO© KidsFest is for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Among the many LEGO© attractions, families will find:
* LEGO© Model Museum: life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
* LEGO© Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
* Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
* LEGO© Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
* LEGO© Disney Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
* LEGO© Super Heroes: pose with a life-sized Spiderman model and more
* LEGO© DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
* LEGO© Retail: purchase LEGO© merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
* LEGO© Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
* LEGO© Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
* LEGO© Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
* LEGO© Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
* Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
* Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO© bricks for creative play and enjoyment
* Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
Ready for the best part??
One of YOU will win (2) tickets to for the opening night session on Friday, Feb 19, 2016 (4-8:30pm)!!
I encourage you to LIKE and Follow LEGOKidsFest on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram for all the latest ticketing updates as this event has been selling out in prior cities. Must be 18 to enter, 1 entry per day allowed, random drawing by USFG!
Winner will be randomly chosen by USFG on Tues Jan 15 and announced on my Blog and notified via email,
“Our 2016 LEGO KidsFest tour is going to delight both new and returning audiences,” said Vince Rubino, Events Manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. “We’ve still got some favorites on the show floor, like the Big Brick Pile, Creation Nation and the Race Ramps. There are also many new and unique activities designed for building, learning and fun.”
Five sessions – all identical and 4 1/2 half hours in length – are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOkidsfest.com. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more.
Get more details here! http://legokidsfest.com/north-carolina-2016.html
Get tickets here! https://www.showclix.com/event/LEGO-KidsFest-North-Carolina-2016